Thursday, July 30, 2009

Processionals: Fun or Traditional?


This video from YouTube of J&K's wedding processional has been all over the internet this week. If you haven't seen it, the entire wedding party dances down the aisle, each with their own unique style.

While I loved the surprise factor and the pure joy the entire wedding party showed, the traditional side of me had some issues with it. There is just something about the bride walking down the aisle with her father/brother/mother (whoever is giving her away) that melts my heart each and every time I see it.

I'd love to know what you prefer -- the traditional "wedding march" or something fun and funky like the JK Wedding video -- and why you prefer it that way.

Thanks for helping this old traditionalist look at weddings in a new light!

2 comments:

  1. I love weddings when they are a true reflection of the bride and groom.

    Don't get me wrong. I get emotional every time a bride walks down the aisle. There is something about witnessing that private moment between a young lady and her father making that final daughter/dad walk together that chokes me up.

    However, I love the dance processional in the video. For whatever reason, the bride and groom chose a processional that was different, fresh and definitely fun. Plus, I felt so much joy watching it! It looked like they were praising God and their new covenant through dance.

    So, I guess I love both. As long as it is not a circus (which I don't believe this processional was) and it is a true reflection of the bride and groom (and their beliefs).

    Love & Soul Always, Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate to be a downer, but I'm not a big fan of dancing down a church aisle. I'm more open to it in less traditional spaces, but I think some of the beauty of the moment is missing for me here. I was entertained though!

    ReplyDelete